Friday, January 29, 2010

Livin' the Love

I've been thinking about love a lot lately.

God's love. True love. Sisterly love.

We use the term so off-hand that we can't even be sure what we mean by it anymore! I love my classes, I love my co-workers and I love chocolate. Hmm...those are so not the same kind of love!!!

But mostly, I've been thinking about God's perfect love. How He is sooo crazy about us, He turned His back on His only Son so that we could be united with Him. The fact that He keeps pursuing us--wooing us--for a relationship is reason enough to be overwhelmed by a love we can never return in equal magnitude.

The worship song "How He Loves" says it so well... "He is jealous for me...if grace is an ocean, we're all sinking... Oh, how He love us so, oh how He loves us, how He loves us so!"

Being involved in youth ministry has given me a chance to see how deep my love can go. And let me tell you, there are times when it is short-lived! As I look at these amazing, hurting, confused and talented teens, I'm reminded that we are to love them as Christ loves us--unconditionally, with no exceptions or expectations. It's hard...so very hard, but as I look into their faces I see dreams and futures that they might not be able to see. Our job is to help them realize those dreams and live them out.

That I can do!

No comments: